No usable content. . .?

Use three backticks:
```
MD text
```

OK The source is here:

# Lebkuchen | King Arthur

These spicy gingerbread-like bars, native to Nuremberg, Germany, are traditional holiday fare in that country. They contain no fat other than that in the egg but are decadent nonetheless, with their hard sugar glaze and nippy bite of crystallized ginger (substituted for the more typical citron). They keep very well too, especially when a piece of apple (or a marshmallow) is tucked into their airtight container to soften them. They're a perfect accompaniment to hot tea after a blustery afternoon of scouring the shops for just-right presents.

## Ingredients
### Bars
- 3/4 cup (255g) honey
- 1/2 cup (106g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons each finely grated lemon peel and orange peel; or 1/4 teaspoon each lemon oil and orange oil
- 2 1/4 cups (270g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (57g) finely chopped blanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 cup (39g) mini diced ginger, finely ground

### Glaze
- 1 cup (113g) confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons (28g) water, brandy, or apple juice (or a combination)

I see same “no useable content”

I copy/pasted your raw md into Byword in iOS 15.7.1, saved it to an ICloud folder (default for Byword). The files rendered in Preview mode just fine.

Then attempted a “share” into DEVONthink ToGo 3.6.2 and DEVONthink ToGo threw that message.

Thank you very much! We’ll look into the issue after New Year when we’re all back at our Macs.

To add, sharing an article from the Guardian app with, for example, Reminders I get the headline and the story’s URL, i.e. a bookmark.

Sharing the same article to DTTG, I get ‘Untitled’ for the name, the headline as the text content and am offered Rich Text, Formatted Note, Markdown, Plain Text.

Happy lebkuchen baking :blush: I’m half-French and live in the UK. We have a baked good called pain d’epices (“spiced bread”) that is very similar to lebkuchen. Pain d’épices is almost impossible to buy in the UK, but the UK has a strange obsession with “German Christmas” so for many years I just have lebkuchen now instead since that’s easy to find in any town with a supermarket.

(The English also have “gingerbread”, but it’s not really the same at all as it tends to be a hard biscuit rather than having a sticky “cake-like” consistency.)

This has nothing to do with saving webpages at all but I do find the variations in European spiced bakes very interesting, and it is Christmas so is vaguely topical :joy::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

There’s something similar to pain d‘epices in Germany, it’s called Honigbrot. And in Britain they have mince meat which has nothing to do with meat.

The first time I heard the term pain d‘epices, I was quite irritated because I believed to have heard something else – la liaison „d‘ep“ devenait „de p…“.

Mince meat in UK used to be meat based (Tudor times).
It gradually changed to a sweet filling of pies … though with beef suet.

Nowadays, mince meat in mince pies is a mix of raisins, candy peel pieces, spices and no suet. Vegan pies are plentiful.

To confuse matters further, you can still get savoury mince pies with meat!

Happy Christmas

(My DT link to this is that I keep recipes in DT)

2 Likes

I’ve been having these from my iPhone, NYTimes, but lately I’ve been unable to share anything from a few sites, notably CNN. The moment I click the share icon the screen freezes and I have to flick CNN upwards to restart the app.

Have you rebooted the phone?

Ah, Jim, will try that now!

Mamma mia. CNN fine again. Good ‘ol reboot- tx!
NYT still giving the “no usable content”

2 Likes

NYT still giving the “no usable content”

Hasn’t this always been the case?? :thinking::stuck_out_tongue:

We’ll be looking at the Sharing after the first of the year (post holiday) as some issues seem to have cropped up. Are you on OS 16.2?

Ha ha ha! I read the obituaries :innocent:
16.2 yep

1 Like

I hesitate to offer advice as I know much less about these things than most of you, so apologies in advance if this is a red herring, but could it be a paywall issue? I have had times when, even though I am logged in via a browser, Clip to DT has hit the paywall and returned nothing.

Thanks for the suggestion but there seems to be something a bit more technical under-the-hood happening on this one. The 3.6.2 release had some changes to the clipping function so we’ll need to look at those changes in the new year.

For some reason, be it some effect of changes we’ve made to the Clip to DEVONthink extension or some change in iOS, the text provided by, e.g., Ulysses, is delivered as empty string. Version 3.6.3 works around it by trying to access the file itself in this case.

In addition, version 3.6.3 will also use the first line beginning with # as title.

Oddly, the expected share items are available when I view the comments on article in the Washington Post app.

Yes, it fully depends of what kind of data you share. We‘re still waiting for version 3.6.3 to pass the App Store review (waiting for three days now).

The latest release seems to have fixed the clipping issue. . aahhh :slight_smile:

2 Likes