Non-Editable/ Extraneous Metadata Fields on Metadata Summary

When I run “Create Metadata Summary” it appears to include all metadata fields (including custom metadata) which for at least one of the records is not blank.

Some of those fields, however, have data not particularly useful to me - specifically:

Language
Author
Subject
Creator
Producer

Ideally I would set these all to blank so they do not appear on the metadata summary. However these are not among the fields that I can edit with a Smart Rule. I cannot even figure out how to edit these fields manually for a given document.

How can I set these all to blank and thus remove them from the Metadata Overview?

Just disable them in the Data preferences, if you’re not using them.

Some of the field names are not in the Data section (such as Language and title).

In any event, even when I remove that ones that are there, the metadata overview still has a column with that name.

@cgrunenberg would have to respond on this, as the Language and an Editor field are also included by default.

The report does not only include custom metadata but all other metadata too (e.g. internal one, document properties, metadata returned by Spotlight importers etc.).

That makes sense. It seems to me that among those, it only includes those fields where one of the records has a non-blank value - is that correct?

For these fields - is there any way for me to set them to blank so they do not appear on the report? Or (even better) some way for me to suppress any undesired columns?

Language
Author
Subject
Creator
Producer

That’s correct, the columns are automatically handled and therefore…

…this isn’t possible at the moment.

1 Like