Obtaining replacement copies of templates

I was experimenting with the Annotation template and overwrote it.

_Annotation___Cmd-Shift-Alt-A.dtTemplate

Where or how can I get a fresh copy?

:frowning: Bob

You can restore it from a Time Machine backup at:

~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Templates.noindex/_Annotation___Cmd-Shift-Alt-A.templatescriptd

Or delete the unwanted version and re-install the DEVONthink Pro Scripts from the DEVONthink>Install Ad-Ons… menu (Script Menu Extra section of the window).

Thanks Greg.

The Extras template folder does not seem to offer the option to install Annotation so far as I can see.

I have deleted the template and refreshed the DT menu, which shows it has gone.

Bob

Is this from the Help menu, Support Assistant, Install Extras? If so, that is not what you are looking for. The Install Extras feature allows you to install additional templates that are not installed by default. The default templates are installed from the DEVONthink menu, >Install Ad-Ons… command that I mentioned above. Edited to remove the link since the issue is resolved.

Thanks. I didn’t read carefully enough.

I tried Install Add-ons, but nothing happened, so downloaded the link to the file and have installed it. It shows in the menu but I now get an error message when I select a pdf and then try to Annotate it, using New from Template menu. I notice that the icon for the file is not a pen but instead a cogged wheel.

Bob

Hum… I don’t know-perhaps it was corrupted when uploaded to CloudApp. It works here, and does have the pencil icon. Edited to remove the link since the issue is resolved.

The Annotation template works when I test it on the same pdf which I have transferred to another db, so the template script itself is not faulty

Could the message have something to do with renaming the db yesterday?

Bob

I’d be very surprised if that is the problem, but then again I really don’t know. One suggestion would be to repair permissions and restart your Mac. Perhaps the permissions are screwy because the template was original on my Mac?

Rebuilt database using Rebuild button on Database Properties page and the problem has gone away.

Working smoothly now.

Thanks for your help Greg

Great! Glad to assist.