OCR & Hazel Workflow on Finder before importing into DT

ah cool. But this is probably not the whole script block I need to include into hazel to work, right? Could you show me what the whole scripting block should look like?
Many thanks

You are assuming @chrillek is also using Hazel.

1 Like

I don’t know. That depends on what you’re doing when and where in Hazel. And as @BLUEFROG hinted at, I’m not using Hazel (anymore) for integration with DT. Instead, I wrote my own script to do everything I’d done with Hazel before.

Ah I see. I actually thought youn were using hazel. but thanks for the link, I will dive into it on the weekend.

I thought of another way. I index a folder in DevonThink, where those files will be moved that need OCR. in DevonThink I could create a rule to automatically OCR those files and will be put into the same folder, from where hazel could then take over in finder-base.
The only thing I have to think of: how could I get the original non-ocr files out of the indexed folder after they have been ocred? otherwise I would create an unlimited workflow inside this indexed folder. :nerd_face:

how could I get the original non-ocr files out of the indexed folder after they have been ocred?

You don’t have to if you use the OCR > Apply action and also make sure DEVONthink’s Preferences > OCR > Original Document: Move to Trash is enabled.

I already tried, but the original file still remained inside the indexed folder after the intelligent rule has found and ocred the document.
I needed to include an DELETE action into the rule after the ocr.

Post a screen capture of the smart rule.

here we go.
using the german version (obviously :grin:)
Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-15 um 08.16.27

Just use OCR > Apply. This won’t create a new document and therefore the Delete action isn’t necessary.

1 Like

Criss reiterated what I said previously. Use OCR > Apply.

1 Like