I am attempting to OCR a .pdf file and see that DT is processing it but there is no output file. If there is an error in the process it is not reported in the log file. How can I find out why DT is having a problem with this particular .pdf?
- Quit DEVONthink.
- In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3 .
- Move the ABBYY folder to your Desktop and relaunch DEVONthink.
- Select DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-ons… and reinstall the ABBYY Finereader OCR.
- Quit and relaunch DEVONthink.
- Attempt an OCR process. If successful, you can delete the ABBYY folder on your Desktop.
Welldone, thank you, all working fine now. Any thoughts on how this came about? Regards, Harvey
Did you upgrade macOS recently or restore a backup?
I am on a new MacBook Air M1 and Big macOS BigSur and AFAIK the OCR was working well one day and then, not the next - it’s possible I had a maintenance update between those two conditions… not sure. I’m very grateful for the quick and fruitful support.