OCR "launch path not accessible"

Surprise today when trying to convert a document to PDF+Text, I get the message “launch path not accessible”.

In the DTPO module install menu, it says that the OCR is install (and cannot seems to be able to reinstall it).

Quit the Sorter, if running. Quit DEVONthink Pro Office. In Finder > Applications, select the DEVONthink Pro Office application, Control-click and choose the option to move it to the Trash.

Go to the Download page and manually download and install a fresh copy of DEVONthink Pro Office. Launch the new copy of the application and run Install Add-Ons.

That should resolve the issue.

Thanks. Without going into the detail of this, is it due to my participation in the beta testing program (conflict with the other version)?

I also had this problem, and Bill’s solution worked for me as well.

Is this the official support solution for this issue? I ask because, on a previous occasion, I found that simply trashing DTPO and reinstalling caused some problems, mainly because uninstalling DTPO is/was not straightforward: Devonthink Sorter

The official fix is: Please manually download a new installer from here and replace your current version: devontechnologies.com/redire … d=download

There is no need to fully uninstall DEVONthink Pro Office.

Ah, misread Bill’s advice. Thanks Bluefrog