OCR Message

I keep getting:

OCR process didn’t write any date to “/Users/…”!
Continue to import the document as is, or skip it?

But the OCR status dialogue box says: “Opening ‘NameOfFile’”

Why does it keep failing?

I’m using Capture from DTOffice at Color/600dpi

Thx

I don’t know why the OCR process fails but sometimes it does. Do you see anything in the Console (Applications > Utilities)? You could try to restart your machine to see if that makes a difference (to clean out some cruft that may cause a problem although it shouldn’t).

If all this doesn’t work, what happens if you scan using Image Capture and then import it through OCR?

If all this still doesn’t work, you can send the original scanned document to support@devon-technologies.com and we’ll take a look at it.

Same error happens if I scan from Image Capture and try importing with OCR.

I looked at the Console Log. Does this mean anything?

2007-07-01 14:43:36.434 DEVONthink Pro[4500] Problem occurred during RDE startup: BuildSyntaxBadDesc error: Illegal descriptor

Thanks.

In my experience with this message, it’s time to clean your caches using a cache cleaning tool (I use Onyx but there are others as well). Please clean all of them, system and user.

tried using onyx to empty the caches and repair permissions. even ran disk utility from the install dvd. at least it doesn’t give me the error that there was no ocr info made. now it just hangs at opening “file”…

:confused:

Does this happen with any image? In that case I would also download a fresh copy of DTPO and reinstall it. If it happens with just one, send us the scanned file and we’ll take a look at it.
Other than that I ran out of ideas why it doesn’t work.

Does this happen with any image?

Yes.

In that case I would also download a fresh copy of DTPO and reinstall it.

Already tried that.

If it happens with just one, send us the scanned file and we’ll take a look at it.

It happens with every document I either scan or import with OCR.

Thanks anyway.