OCR no longer saving to Destination dir

Using DTPO 3.04 on MacOS 10.15.3. After scanning a file with my ScanSnap s1300i, it is no longer saving to the selected Destination directory. It saves to the Global Inbox.

The following saves the file to the Global Inbox and not “processed”

Image 2-2-20 at 10.51 AM

Same with me! I thought I was doing something stupid, so I’m glad to learn I’m not the only one with this issue. Looking forward to an explanation/resolution.

And you’re both using the Metadata panel post-OCR, correct?

Same with me after upgrading to 3.0.4. Metadata panel appears, can add tags and choose destination directory but scanned items end up in global inbox. Items dragged to icon however end up in chosen group. I am using a scansnap S510M with Scansnap Manager and Mac OS 10.14.6. Worked fine with 3.0.3.

This is an issue under investigation when using the metadata panel. You can disable the panel or process the files out of the Global Inbox in the interim. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Correct (for me).

I assume that this issue will only be fixed in an update?

The next release will fix this. In the meantime you could either disable the metadata panel or downgrade to version 3.0.3.

At the risk of being a pain, how does one downgrade versions?

Download this and overwrite the current version: DEVONthink 3

Do NOT run an uninstaller application. Just overwrite the current one and launch it.

Thanks for sending this

You’re welcome :slight_smile: