OCR Not Initiating

I have the most current version of DT Pro and Mountain Lion. I’m not sure how long this issue has been around as I only use the OCR of PDFs during school, which I just started again.

I take powerpoint presentations, convert them to PDF via the print function, then put them into a folder that my DT Pro indexes. Once they’re indexed I have DT Pro OCR them, because most of the powerpoint presentations I’m importing have images with text in them that I’d like to be able to search.

In this newest version of DT Pro on Mountain Lion when I click on a PDF and do Convert --> to Searchable PDF, nothing happens. There is no activity in the activity monitor. I used to be able to carry out this same workflow with no problems whatsoever.

Which edition of DEVONthink do you have? DEVONthink Pro doesn’t include the ability to OCR documents to convert them to searchable text-that is part of the Pro Office edition.

DT Pro Office 2.4.1

Does it work after restarting the computer? Or has been anything logged to the system console (see Applications > Utilities > Console.app) after trying to convert a PDF document?

No, it doesn’t work after restarting and nothing shows up in Console when I attempt to convert.

It looks like I’ll have to go back to using an independent instance of ABBYY Finereader in my workflow until this issue is corrected.

There should be definitely messages after trying to use OCR. Is there a process “DEVONscribbler”, see Activity Monitor.app, afterwards?

There is no process ‘DEVONscribbler’ in the Activity Monitor.

I cleared Console then put it side by side with DTPro Office while I tried to convert a PDF. Nothing shows up in the Console window.

Could you please delete the folder ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Abbyy and re-install the OCR resources via DEVONthink Pro Office > Install Add-Ons? Does it work afterwards and/or after a restart of the computer? Or does it work using a new user account?

I was having trouble with the ScanSnap software working with DT Pro, as well, so I followed the uninstall instructions in the Help file and then reinstalled DT Pro. Everything is working splendidly now.