OCR not working (m1)

I recently upgraded to an M1 macbook pro and noticed that DTP3 OCR isn’t working any longer. When I run OCR on multiple documents, they enter the activity log but no progress is made (all say “Adding document …”). When I try to OCR a single document, it enters the activity log and almost immediately finishes. But the document still isn’t searchable. I tried removing ABBYY and reinstalling, but it’s the same as it was before I did that. Any suggestions? I’m on the latest (3.6.1). No error messages show up in the log.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 Likes
  • Does DEVONthink have Full Disk Access enabled in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy?

• Does ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Abbyy/DTOCRHelper also have Full Disk Access?

1 Like

Thanks, that fixed it!

Which one fixed it?

Hi, I’ve done this but still have the problem with OCR not working. Any advice would be appreciated. I also have a macbook M1. When I click on OCR > searchable PDF, it brings up my registration for Devonthink 3. I have the full DEVONthink 3 pro license, and this is varified when I check online.

Thank you

Please start a support ticket and attach a screen capture of DEVONthink 3 > About DEVONthink 3. Thanks.

1 Like