OCR problem with DEVONthink Pro 3.0 beta1

Hi,
I’m scanning some PDFs with DT 3.0 beta1. It mostly works well, except the one I’ve uploaded in the attachment. I issued “OCR -> to searchable PDF”, and the activity manager has displayed “Adding document …” and soon “Loading document …” but nothing else. No searchable PDF is created, and DT has abandoned its task.

Vilalta.pdf (669.4 KB)

I believe this is somehow a bug.

Hello,
Really nice work for new version that I just bought (we were waiting for it since so long; specially for me index for epub and mail attachments !!)
I confirm that OCR engine has issues (but when it works, it’s really accurate).
I used it last 3 days, all the time. It worked fine until the red color wheel suddenly appears yesterday when I try to launch OCR. Found no way to make it works again, except install DEVONthink 3 again, which correct bug. I will tell you if I can find a way to reproduce it in a more simple way.
Regards,
Alban

Welcome @albanweb
Reinstalling is not the first option you should try.

When the application is stalled, do a Spotlight search for Activity Monitor. Select our application in the list of processes - it should show "(Not Responding) and the name in red - and press Command-Option-S to run a sample on it. When the sample window opens, press the Save button and save it to your Desktop.

In DEVONthink, hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket and attach the sample report.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

right now i have the problem that Scans (PDF files created with Snapscan) won’t get converted into searchable Files, even though that options is switched on. So far i have to start the OCR manualy and it would be very nice to have that workimg smoothly again.

Regards, Norbert

Norbert, that is a known bug and will apparently be corrected in beta 2

1 Like

Any update to this? I am seeing the following on Beta 3.

Scanning with ScanSnap and document appears but i have loading document appearing the lower left corner›05%20PM

Does this only happen when importing from ScanSnap? If you OCR a document in DT does that work?