Old Groups keep showing up

Hello,

I’m new to Devonthink and have a lot to learn. I was playing around with the program last week and created several junk groups. Those groups and database have since been erased from my computer. At least I thought they were cleared. Each time I start a new database those folders keep showing up. What’s the trick to getting them to really vanish?

Thanks

Did you “erase from [your] computer” by moving the items to the trash, then emptying the trash (all in DT), or by deleting in Finder? If the latter, then DT still could have a notation that such-and-such folder or document was in the global inbox or a database, and emptying the trash in DT will get them out of your DT database(s).

If you’ve done all that and you still see “groups”, check to see if what you see are actually tags. They’ll be inside the Tags group at the global inbox level, and/or the Tags group inside each database. You may delete a tag from any Tags group, then empty the trash, and they’ll be gone.

Hi–

I’m having the same problem. I have deleted a specific group, made sure it wasn’t nested in another group and then emptied the trash from with DTPro. When I go to open up DTPro, at first it doesn’t show up, but when I leave the Global Inbox and go to another database, it shows back up in the Global Inbox.

Any suggestions on what might be going on here? Also, if I haven’t opened up DTPro in a few days, the group will show up several times the next time I open up DTPro. I haven’t tracked this behavior yet–in other words, if the number of duplicates equals the numbers of days I did not have DTPro open. I will start doing this now though. This is only happening with one group, too.

Thanks,
Sean

Each new database contains several default (smart) groups. To fix the problem related to the global inbox, see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7944