Old OCR used with new scan & decreased resolution of PDF

I have 2 observations using “Convert to Searchable PDF” –

(1) “Sometimes” resolution of the resulting document is reduced.

(2) When OCRing a selection of a previously OCRed document, the selection gets replaced by the previous full document.

Example for the latter: OCRing did not work properly with an insert in a document, so I cut out the insert image and pasted it to a new file and ran OCR on the insert again. The resulting searchable PDF was the original document and not the insert. Deleting and restarting did not help.

1. How are you determining the “resolution” of the PDF?
  2. I’m not sure what you’re describing here. OCR works on a document-by-document basis, not a selection.
  1. How are you determining the “resolution” of the PDF?

I’ll rephrase: Upon OCRing the characters in the document get blurred.

1. I’m not sure what you’re describing here. OCR works on a document-by-document basis, not a selection.

I scanned a double page from a book. The OCR as not satisfactory (e.g., inserts not properly OCRed). So I cut an insert from the original picture file, saved it as a separate file and OCRed this separate file.

Interestingly, the searchable PDF created from this new file was the scanned double page from before. I retried and deleted everything, but somewhere the OCRed double page was still available and again used as a searchable PDF for the insert.