OmniOutliner 3.0 and other xml support

Any chance we can get support for .oo3 files?

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a preferences item so we could specify xml file extensions? We might also need to specify a reader application for each, but perhaps you could get that information from osx via type/creator? Would the xml support in DT work okay with arbitrary xml structure/schema? It would really be nice to be able to use DT to index all kinds of xml data, including proprietary data files with ad hoc xml tags and attributes?

Thanks.

I just discovered a kind of interesting side effect. OmniOutliner will transform v2 files into v3 files in place, changing both the name and the internal format of the file. If DT has indexed the v2 file, then after OmniOutliner has transformed the file into a v3, DT can synchronize the v3 file without complaint, even though the file has a new extension on the name.

This is really nice behavior when the internal file format is similar enough to be understood by DT. But what happens if the application changes the file from an xml format to a binary format, and changes the name as well so everything is consistent. Will DT crash when it tries to parse the file thinking it is xml?

I guess this is kind of hypothetical since I don’t know of a case where an application transforms a file in place to an incompatible format.