On search in dt

HI,
I am new to DT and still learning the ropes.
I want to seek guidance on better searching in PDF files in DT.
I am a doctor having huge 2k to 4k paged pdf’s which I wish to screen.
Now If I wish to search a disease “Ataxia Telangiectasia” it shows results for all the times where even Ataxia occurs independently in the book which turns the search irrelevant as the term occurs indefinitely in the book.
Also lets say I want to search the term in 3-4 books then the moment I look at the other book the previous search goes away and I click on the book again it starts screening again. Can a search stand still or lock it self?
Could someone also elaborate how to search the complete term only and other tips on better searching in DT
regards

The highlighting of terms is handled by Apple’s PDFKit, so it may show both terms in some instances.

Are you actually quoting the search terms? If not, you should in this case.

it starts screening again.

? Can you clarify what this means?

As you can see in the screenshot the search term is ataxia telangiectasia but the result is showing occurences of ataxia independently.
also, if I click on the other book this search is lost.

what does quoting mean?

As you can see in the screenshot the search term is ataxia telangiectasia but the result is showing occurences of ataxia independently.

That is correct. You have effectively done an AND search.

what does quoting mean?

Putting search terms in quotes, i.e., "ataxis telangiectasia".

This is (and more) covered in Help > Documentation > Appendix > Search Operators.

thank you so much

Could you help in this regard?

Are you referring to the in-document Search inspector results?

You can’t search multiple selected documents in the Search inspector.

nope, sorry for not being articulate.
as you can see the search results can be found in 4 books(pdf’s): first aid, Harrison, Robbins etc.
now I want to look for the term in all the books.
the moment I change the book and come at it again the search starts again. can i save the search briefly?

the moment I change the book and come at it again

I don’t understand what you mean by this.

I have four matches in a search. The Search inspector is showing results for the first book I select.
I then select match 2. The Search inspector is now showing results for that book.
And so on…

That’s the designed behavior.

Yes!
After selecting match 2 if I go back to match 1 then all the results screened previously are gone and it starts searching again.
As the books are huge it takes again a lot of time to search.
I am wondering if a search once done can hold for some time if I click on other match results before returning back to it.
Eg match1 result showed 48 occurrences then i click on match 2 it shows 30 occurences now if I click match 1 again then the search starts again as it forgets about the 48 occurences it just found.

For a faster search you could split the huge pdf into single chapters as smaller pdfs.

No, it’s not possible to save the in-document search results.

Since PDFs are for the most part static, i.e., the content doesn’t change under normal circumstances, perhaps the results could be cached for them.
However, if a change in the number of pages was detected, e.g., pages were added or removed, a new scan would be required.

@cgrunenberg would have to assess the feasibility of this.