On upgrade from 2. to 3.0 - what I need to do

Correct. I’m just wondering why the Inbox under Globals is empty.

Did you manually move the Inbox.dtBase2 file in the Finder?
Now that I look, you are definitely showing something unusual (and a first report of its kind).

Hi.

For some reason, I could not locate the Inbox.dtBase2 file in Finder. So I used Houdah Spot to locate it and then had it open the program with DevonThink3. (Uh-oh).

Regards,

One more thing: Should I remove DT2 and the DT2 clipper extension from my hard drive? Will that cause me to lose my Inbox.dtbase2 and other databases?

Don’t make any more moves or changes.

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket. Thanks.

Done. Just sent it.

Dear Bluefrog,
I am afraid I need to ask your help again.
After the migration (2 to 3) I have a recurrent problem.
I have the message that the database is possibly ‘already in use’
I went and see what’s happening in the application support and found a plethora of old files belonging to version 2.
I am ready to erase some (or all old files)
But guidance is needed
Can you kindly help me when you have a moment?
Many thanks !
Andrea

The folders “DEVONthink Pro” and “DEVONthink Pro 2” are obsolete but don’t cause these messages. Did DEVONthink 3 or the computer crash or did you use force quit?

No the computer does not crash, but systematically, when opening it, it prompts these windows for EACH database I own

And did DEVONthink crash or did you use force quit?

No crash, no force quit. I reported because I wanted to check if anything was not properly set and might cause further problems to the databases
I could check ‘do not ask me again’

You could try this first:

1. In the Finder select such a database and choose “Show Package Contents” in the contextual menu
  2. Remove the file DEVONthink.lock
  3. Repeat this for all databases

Does this fix the issue?