Once deleted, always deleted?

I have noticed a peculiar behavior. I will put a PDF in the mobile sync folder, or rather a replicant of it, in order to sync it over to DTTG. I will then use it in various ways and then eventually sync it back to DTPO. if I then remove this file, and replace it with a different file for syncing purposes, everything goes fine. But then if I want to put it back into the mobile sync folder, and sink it again to my mobile device it will not sync. I have tried this with a couple of different databases and a couple or three different files. There is clearly a pattern here. What am I doing wrong, or is this expected behavior? At this point I’m not sure if this is true for all kinds of files, but it clearly is happening with PDFs on my system. Any suggestions or clarifications on this behavior would be appreciated! Cheers!

It seems that DEVONthink To Go keeps some trace of the file. It should, of course, not happen. DEVONthink To Go v2, which is already in the works, will use a completely new sync method — the same one we also use between Macs — and no longer show this behavior.

We don’t have a concrete shipping date for DEVONthink To Go v2 but it will be a free update as soon as it is available.

Thank you for that information. It does not solve me immediate problem, but knowing that a solution is coming is reassuring. I will wait patiently and adjust my use/behavior accordingly. Cheers!