Open hyperlink in new window

Hello,

I have a database that has JPEGs that with RTF annotations linked directly. Each annotation file has a hyperlink to the original JPEG.

When I have an annotation file open, how can I open the linked JPEG (through a hyperlink) in a separate window? There is an option to open the JPEG in a new TAB, but I want to open the picture file in a new window that I can have on the same screen and so transcribe the writing in the picture into my annotation file.

Thanks in advance!

Was this ever resolved? I also have hyperlinks in my rtf files, and when I click on them, DT closes the rtf file to open the linked file. I’d like to open the linked file in a new window (or even better, open the link in the default program, analogous to command-O). Is this possible?

Thanks

Hi. I am not aware of any way to do this from the link. You have to click directly on the image file in your database to get it to open in a new window.

It took me a while to work this out but here is how to do it

• Right click on the hyperlink (or cmd click if you don’t have right click activated in keyboard preferences)
  • Hold down the cmd key while clicking the ‘open link’ menu item

Hyperlink will then be opened in a new window rather than a new tab

Screen Shot 2014-12-08.jpg

Frederiko

Nice. I got it working. I just figured out another rather obvious solution to this particular problem with the images – right click (two-finger tap) on the link and choose “Quick Look Attachment.” This will come in handy for me, at least.