I’ve created a Markdown document to be used as annotation for a PDF file. I’d like to include a few links in the Markdown document
--- date: 2022-03-01 00:53 title: DEVONtechnologies - DEVONthink, DEVONagent, and other Mac and iOS apps for document and information management and web research url: https://www.devontechnologies.com/ pdfurl: x-devonthink-item://969C790E-FF29-464A-8799-E283801F94BF annotationurl: x-devonthink-item://3B147BF4-283D-41FC-AAD8-4D143A5950D3 --- 2022-03-01 00:53 | [URL](https://www.devontechnologies.com/) | [DT PDF](x-devonthink-item://969C790E-FF29-464A-8799-E283801F94BF ) | [DT annotation](x-devonthink-item://3B147BF4-283D-41FC-AAD8-4D143A5950D3) | [Obsidian annotation](obsidian://open?vault=Notes&file=DEVONtechnologies%20-%20DEVONthink%2C%20DEVONagent%2C%20and%20other%20Mac%20and%20iOS%20apps%20for%20document%20and%20information%20management%20and%20web%20research.md) # DEVONtechnologies - DEVONthink, DEVONagent, and other Mac and iOS apps for document and information management and web research > DEVONtechnologies develops DEVONthink, DEVONagent, and other Mac and iOS apps for document and information management and web research. ---
Links in the file:
- Link to the original URL
- Link to the captured PDF in DT
- Link to the Markdown annotation file in DT
- Link to the annotation document inside Obsidian
But the links behave differently from what I would expect:
- Clicking the link to the original URL links to the captured PDF (which has the same URL in the URL metdata in DT). I would expect it to go to the external link / page. How can I make this go to the external URL (I can right click “Open in Safari” but I would expect that to be the default). I’ve got “Click on links opens them externally” enabled in Preferences > General > Interface.
- Clicking the link to the obsidian link (
obsidian://open?...) doesn’t do anything. Can I make this work?
Opening the same Markdown document in another Markdown editor (MacDown) works as expected).