Open with Outlook default - possible?

When I want to open an archived e-mail - is it possible to have Outlook as default ?
If so - where can I change this ?

This can be changed in the Finder. Just select an .eml file, open the Info window and change the default app.

1 Like

Thanks !

Update 2024 with a new Mac. But when I open any .eml file in Finder I can change it, but within DevonThink it still stays with Mail als default instead of Outlook.

How to change it within DevonThink? I already changed within the Mail app that Outlook should be the standard, but nothing changes in DevonThink

Did you set Outlook as the default program for all .eml files or just for this one?

This just changes the default email client, not the Finder’s default app for files.

Just one - is this change for opening *.eml outside DevonThink or both ?

I’d suggest to change the default app for all .eml files via the Finder’s Info window, then launch DEVONthink. Does this make a difference?

No, nothing changes

There are no controls in DEVONthink for controlling application associations. It gets that information from the operating system.

But when I open any .eml file in Finder I can change it,

You need to press the Change All button when changing Open With in the Get Info pane for the file in the Finder.

Yes, this solved the problem now.

Thanks

That is not an email. You are selecting a Spotlight metadata item and no you should not change the association of the .dt3 file.

1. Drag and drop an email from Outlook.
  2. Select it and press Command-I to open the Get Info pane.
  3. Change the Open With application and press Change All.

Done.

1 Like