Option not to display grey out stars in list view when there's no rating

Hi. Searched but can’t find option in list view not to show rating (stars) when there’s no associated rating. Each time an item/line is highlighted in list view, greyed out stars appear in rating column which can be difficult to distinguish from actual stars in dark mode.

A screenshot would be useful, maybe this depends on the selection color? E.g. selected items having no and five stars look like this over here:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-01 um 14.59.01

Christian, your screenshot is quite similar except I’m running my MAC in dark mode. The dimmed/grey out stars are the ones in the bottom of your screenshot. In dark mode, actual stars and dimmed ones look a bit similar. When scrolling in list view, highlighted row shows 5 dimmed stars if that item doesn’t have any rating. Be good to have option not display any star in list view if that item doesn’t have any rating.

This is actually a dark mode screenshot (DEVONthink 3.5.1, macOS 10.15.5).

Be good to have option not display any star in list view if that item doesn’t have any rating.

The issue with this is people wouldn’t know where to set the rating as it wouldn’t be visible, in dark or light mode.

Hi Christian, I should have attached a screenshot earlier. No star(s) on the left screenshot when line is not selected or highlighted. Once I start scrolling down the list and that line is highlighted then 5 dimmed starts are shown on right screenshot. Few times I accidentally opened the selected line because had impression it’s a 5 star rated article.

Be good to have option to leave rating blank if there’s no rating to it exactly like the left screenshot when line item is selected. Less distracting too when scrolling down the list - don’t see a point of displaying dimmed stars each time items without rating is selected.

Running on MacOS v10.15.5 with DEVONthink v3.5.1

It’s just the default behaviour of macOS right now.

:smirk: