Optional Tag Scoping and Kanban Style Document Management

Hello,

In GitLab, labels have the option of being scoped by using :: between the key and the value.
key::value

The functionality is such that these labels can be used on Kanban boards to control the tasks or steps that must occur to finish that document (example) and what I would like to know is whether there is a way to do this type of thing in DT3 or if it’s an idea worth regarding/implementing?

I would like to track some of my documents through a lifecycle (priority, time, location), while not changing their structure (group). So I was wondering how I could accomplish this. GitLab offers Epics and Milestones, and Iterations for time tracking, but they also have the labels.

For the tags (labels) in DT3, let me give a simple, hypothetical, example…
Having a scoped label would allow me to set a factory location
L::BMK1
L::SGN1
L::HBD1

and priorities
P::1
P::2
P::3

The scoping would allow the tags to act as folders in cases where only one is a valid choice. For example, the product cannot be in two different factories at the same time and it cannot have two different priorities at the same time.

I would expect DT3 to automatically remove the P::2 tag when the P::1 tag is added to the document. Very simple, but it guarantees that only one tag is used at a time.

Do we have any way of handling this inside DT3?

Any thoughts of offering a Kanban Style view horizontally while keeping the hierarchical container structure vertical and then offering filters for the other tags/search tools as we have today for the entire view?

There’s two options in a record’s Info inspector panel; Label and Custom Metadata
The set of values is defined in Preferences
For example, I use Label to identify the status for Tasks

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 04.04.11
Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 04.03.01