OS X update 10.8.5

I just updated my iMac to OS X 10.8.5 and it disabled the Devonthink mail plug-ins saying that they’re now incompatible. This doesn’t exactly destroy my universe but I thought I’d let you know.

That’s not uncommon with each OS X update. If you run the DEVONthink add-on installer again (DEVONthink Pro (Office) menu>Install Add-Ons…), it will be working again.

Yes, thanks, I had already done that and the plug-ins seem to work fine. I’m not that concerned right now since there’s a much bigger OS update coming in about a month when ‘Mavericks’ becomes available.

I certainly won’t be updating to Mavericks until after doing my best to verify compatibility with other software I rely on. My preference has always been to minimize risk of software breakage before doing any major OS update.

@sjk

I don’t have that much patience. I’ll go ahead and upgrade and then you’ll be able to tell by the pitch of my screams whether to proceed! I’ll trust in Father Apple and Uncle Devon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like you, I lack sjk’s patience. But I do make sure everything is backed up, before installing Apple’s latest and greatest.

Of course, DEVONtechnologies’ developers have been working with developer pre-releases of Mavericks. Unless Apple slips in code changes at the last minute, the transition should be painless. :slight_smile: