Outlook 2011 import - still no attachments?

Read through messages, and appears this is still not working. Cannot import or drag emails into DTPO from Outlook 2011 AND have the attachments come over as openable files. Images show up in the email in DTPO, but cannot be extracted. Documents are flaky as well.

Is there another way to accomplish this? Desire is to have import work like it does for Apple Mail, where the attachments are available as files.

Thanks,
Gary

The attachments are there and are available. So are images.

The default display of email messages is by Apple’s Quick Look.

To access attachments, click on the Text Alternative button in the navigation bar immediately above the pane in which the message is displayed. The message is then presented in rich text. Double-click on an attachment to open it.

Bill,
Sorry to be such a PITA newbie with all of my questions, but I can’t find this Text Alternative button. I’ve looked everywhere on the DTP 2.8.4 UI, and don’t see it.
See my screenshot below.

What am I missing?

Thanks for all your great help, and patience.

Unlike other editions of DEVONthink, DEVONthink Pro Office indexes the full text of email messages.

Here are screenshots of an email message in one of my databases, pointing to the Text Alternative button, then to the display including images after that button was clicked.

Comment: The Sycamore Land Trust preserves local areas for their ecological, educational, scientific and aesthetic values. Its an organization that I enjoy funding. Here’s the link to the project to which that email refers: us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7cb … b1007e0665