Outlook Messages Import Script Best Alternative View

I am trying to figure out how to best develop a workflow for importing individual emails into DEVONthink 3 Pro. What I keep running up against are the following problems: the sidebar import tool can’t import from smart folders, which makes archiving for my purposes tedious (I like to archive emails that are older than a year and then delete them from outlook). I also like to occasionally import individual emails that are relevant to certain projects to a different database.

For my personal mail I accomplish this with Apple Mail and the plugin. I was hoping that I could do the same thing with the script menu script for Outlook. However, the messages seem to be somewhat garbled. The alternative view works, but the best alternative view does not work (no message body, often no or incomplete headers). Is there a workaround? Is there a way to fix this in the Applescript?

Best Wishes,
David

This is an issue of Quick Look (see e.g. Finder) of Catalina as the best alternative is based on this view.

Thank you for getting back to me. I wonder what exactly is responsible for this considering that the problem doesn’t exist when one uses the import tab in DT3? What’s happening during the Applescript export from Outlook that doesn’t happen with the import?

In case of scripts the raw and unmodified source of the emails is actually imported but I don’t think that it’s an issue of Outlook’s AppleScript support, it’s more likely that it’s just a regression of Quick Look.