PDF action freezes DTPO

Experienced this issue today. With PDFs (converted to PDF and Text upon import): click on PDF to view in database or actually open PDF in DTPO. Delete a page in the PDF using the contextual menu. Freezes program and you have to force quit.

Note: Opening PDF using other software, deleting page and saving works fine.

Does this persist after a machine reboot?

Yes, it persisted, but I went back to a backup of the database and that solved the problem. I’ll let you know if it crops up again. Thanks for the response.

Issue is back, though not as bad. Happens only now when I delete several pages at once. Sometimes it just hangs in DTPO and I have to quite out of DTPO; other times DTPO shows as non-responding in Force Quite window and I have to Force Quit. Deleting single or two or three pages from pdf doesn’t seem to present a problem, but more than than that hangs it up. Might be my system, I guess, but since it Acrobat Pro doesn’t have same problem, I tend to think it’s something with DTPO or at least DTPO with my system.

What OS ? I can’t reproduce this on 10.8.5.

I’m running 10.7.5. These are large pdfs–300-500 pages–so perhaps it’s that, or perhaps a “my system” issue. I’ve worked around it for the moment.