PDF: Delete Selected Page (does not retain deletion)

It happens on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, DevonThink Office Pro 2.5.2 as well.

FYI, try inserting a page into the PDF, OK, the program allows you to save.
Try rearranging pages, OK, the program allows you to save.

Try deleting a page (via contextual menu, or CTRL-X), cannot save the page.

I just want to say that this behavior has affected me also. I believe it began a few weeks ago. I never had any trouble deleting selected pages before, and it seems to have started with the latest DEVONthink Pro Office upgrade to version 2.5.2.

For the record, I am using Mac OS 10.7.5 (Lion).

Just an FYI… we are looking into the issue right now. Thanks.

I can confirm the work around mentioned above: move a page, then page deletes will be saved.

For example: move a blank page to the end, then you can delete whichever pages you like.

I have seen this problem even in 2 page documents.

Retina MacBook Pro with Lion 10.7.5
DTPO 2.5.2

As a follow up, this weekend I upgraded from Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5) to Mountain Lion (10.8.3), and this no longer seems to be an issue. I will report back if the fix is not permanent.

Digging up this old thread, because I’m having the same problem. It also appears to have started with the upgrade to DT 2.7.2, though it may also be related to updating other Adobe software (as some have suggested).

My current config is:

DevonThink 2.7.2
OS X 10.6.8

Note that removing the AdobePDFViewer plug-ins doesn’t seem to affect the behavior.

I’m running on a fairly capable Mac Pro, so I don’t think it’s a speed issue, and it happens with small docs as well. I can confirm the work around of moving pages to dirty the doc works, but that’s a hassle, as I have to move a page, then delete the ones I want, and possibly move a page back to the order I want.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP51.007F.B03