Pdf import failed: where's the file?

I just imported a number of pdfs by moving them to the Inbox in the Finder. Unfortunately one of them failed, according to the log. Now my problem is that the file is gone: I’ve searched trough the trash (Devonthink and system), my databases, and the originating folder; tried spotlight; and looked through the Inbox database through the Finder. No luck. This is a bit worrying. If files can just disappear when moved to the global inbox, I’m not sure I dare use it…

The file should be still in the folder ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox. Otherwise please use the command Tools > Verify & Repair - is an orphaned file reported?

Yup, I’ve been having lots of disappearing files too when importing. I rebuilt the whole database and so far it’s working a bit better now.

The folder was the first place I looked, but it was completely empty. I verified the Inbox + my databases, and repaired my main one - where there were a number of orphaned files - but the file that disappeared on import did not surface. I’ve re-downloaded it from Project Muse, and it does not show as a duplicate in either the Inbox or the database I moved the other files imported at the same time into.

However, as I’ve posted elsewhere, I now have a bigger problem…