PDF Import

How do I get DT Pro not to convert PDFs to RTF? I’d like to read them with their original formatting.

Thanks!

Under “Preferences > PDF & PS”, at the bottom, uncheck “Convert to Rich text” and then re-import your pdf’s.

best,
pj

If you are running OS X 10.4.x, check Preferences > PDF & PS - Index & Convert: Use PDFKit (Tiger). That will produce very readable reproduction of the original, with formatting and images.

If you have only a small number of PDFs captured as text only, you can identify them by searching for “pdf” in the URL/Path field (also use the “No case” setting) and do a database-wide search. Then, if you wish, you can reimport them.

I’ve still got lots of PDFs imported back in 2002 and 2003 that were text-only captures (PDF+text wasn’t available back then). I haven’t bothered to reimport them, as their text is available to DT Pro for searching and analysis, and I can read the original simply by clicking on Actions > Launch Path, which opens them (on my computer) under Preview.

physicistjedi: that was it. I checked it at some point and forgot all about it… Thanks!