PDF manual Devonthink 3.8.6

That is odd. when i took the url on my Macbook the three formats shown in a row. When i click on the same link above now on my iphone I see only PDF. Humm.

These formats are still available.

I can confirm they do not appear when viewing the site with Safari on iOS (i do use an ad blocker, but use the same one on macOS, where the other formats are shown when viewing the site with Safari).

1 Like

Ditto. Looking at that page on my iPad in landscape all three formats are shown. Turn the iPad to portrait and only PDF shows!

1 Like

Doing the same in the iPhone 12 Pro is not successful.

I suspect a small bug in the CSS on the web page which erroneously shows only PDF for screens of limited size, rather than letting the page paginate or something. @BLUEFROG

1 Like

Actually this one would be for @eboehnisch :wink:

But yes, I can confirm the behavior in both orientations on an iPhone.

Perhaps it’s intentional as PDFs are the best option IMHO :smiley:

1 Like

No, that’s intentional. We leave out some content on a very small screen so we don’t break the layout :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well, I now get it is intentional, but is now misleading. Given that epub the best way to view the document on a small screen [opinion] probably would be good to show that if there is only one possible format to be shown. In this case I think [opinion] content is more important than the way it looks. But i realise compromise always required for small screens.

1 Like

Perhaps a drop-down format list or something for mobile? That way the most mobile-friendly formats would be accessible by mobile users while preserving the desired compact page format.

If reading on a mobile (phone), I recommend you use the ebook version.

Indeed. And a drop-down format selection UI element would make them accessible via a mobile interface (instead of only the PDFs as it is now).

1 Like

When I am so inclined for some esoteric recreational reading on my iPhone :wink:, I simply switch to the Books app and read the outstanding DEVONthink manual there. simple and no change to app required.

I see the Take Control book available for download in Books but not the manual itself.

This came up yesterday. the ebook and kindle link not shown on iphone due to lack of screen space. use a computer to see all. i think i heard works to see with ipad but i cannot check now to confirm for you.

Right, that’s what I was suggesting a fix to with my drop-down menu idea. A drop-down list would provide a way to show the other download links on the mobile version of the page without requiring more space.

1 Like

Oh. I am on iphone and did not look up! Or just put all three links there and let screen wordwrap.