PDF URL Links - strange behavior

Hello.

When I try to add a link to a bit of text in a pdf, I cannot see the link, nor can I affect any kind of color or style. The only way I know it’s there is when the cursor rolls over it.
I tried to create a box and make that a link, but there is no URL link type availalbe (it’s greyed)
When I try to use the “link” tool and make a box with that, I cannot affect the colors and also cannot see it.
When I try to make a text box, I can make the text another color, but then once I click on the link and go back to the doc, the text disappears and I’m left with a small transparent box.
Is this a bug, or am I not doing something correctly?

Best,

R

I’m not sure but perhaps DT does not allow for this kind of PDF editing.

Hi, thanks for the reply, but all those tools are there in the toolbar, so I would assume they are meant to be used…must be something I’m doing wrong…

I see same thing. Right mouse click in the PDF viewer on some text, and pick “Add Link…” Link there when hover mouse, but no colors. Perhaps a setting somewhere hiding in plain sight for how to highlight links, but I can’t spot it.

@chrillek

1 Like

There is no visible attribute of a link annotation unless you’re in Tools > Mode > Annotation Selection mode.
However, these annotations are accessible in the Document > Links inspector in any mode.

Here is a link I manually added just now and I’m not in Annotation Selection mode…

thanks, but is that link clickable in the inspector? I made a comment before and a text link and I dont think they were clickable. Also when you made that discount tire link, is that a box you made over a graphic in the pdf?

Is there any way to indicate in-line while you’re reading that there’s a link on the page besides rolling over it w/ your mouse and looking in the panel (as when looking in the panel, it’s not clear where in the document it is, and when I’m reading a text, I’d like to know there’s a link w/o constantly checking the panel).

cheers,

R

Yes, that’s an area I dragged. You are creating a hotspot to click on when you create a link annotation.

No, there is no appearance to a link annotation unless you have the link selected in the inspector or you’re in Annotation Selection mode.

hmmm. is this a future feature? Otherwise I have to use acrobat to markup and read these kinds of pdfs quickly. cheers,

R

There are no current plans to modify this behavior. Development would have to assess the request.