PDF zoom level not always retained

Using 2.0b8, if I zoom a PDF to fit the width of a window, then when I click on the next PDF it is zoomed to the same amount. If, however, I zoom further (so that the PDF does not fit), then when I select the next PDF document it fits the whole document in the window.

Can there be an option to control this behavior? I have a particular case where I’ve got pages from a dictionary in very tiny print, and I need to see a certain area of each page at high zoom.

Thanks, John

We will add such an option to a future release but it won’t be part of the final 2.0 release.

We will add such an option to a future release but it won’t be part of the final 2.0 release.
[/quote]
Is there an option to have a default zoom level? I really can’t encourage this enough. I posted in another post and also here. I really hope there is a way to set default zoom level when viewing docs or pdfs ASAP. This is a practical and useful request.

Are there any news on such an option?

Three years have passed since the original feature request.

Saving the zoom level along with the PDF file is really a desirable feature in continuation with saving the current position in the document, which is currently done and very useful.