pdfs always start on last page, not first

This feels really silly, and hopefully I’m just missing a quick fix.

I have tons of 2 page pdfs that have been scanned (thousands of them), and whenever I view them in Devonthink, they always start at the second page, not the first page. How do I make them start on page 1??

please help!!

Terry

1 Like

Why do you need them all to open on page 1 if you’re not accessing all of them at once? When you navigate to page 1 on one, it should remember the page you were on when you swtich and return to that document.

I’d like them to open on page one because I click through them quickly to read information off of page 1 on each sheet, so I can tag each sheet accordingly. Having to click, scroll, click, scroll is a pain. We’re talking about thousands of sheets, so it adds up in the long run.

It doesn’t remember that I was on page 1. Each document starts on page 2. I sure wish it did, though!!

Terry

quick ping here!

thanks!

Terry

DEVONthink remembers the last viewed page but by default the first page should be displayed after importing PDF documents. Isn’t that the case? A screenshot of the display and of Preferences > Media might be useful.

Terry,

Did you find a way to make the pdf go to the first page by default? (in the preview pane) I also find it very annoying.

Here’s my media preferences.
Every multi-page document that goes into my inbox shows the last page in the preview pane. I want it to show the first page by default (ideally: allways)

Did you import & view this document already on another computer/device?