Performance issue with classification based on tags

Hi,

To begin with, it’s awesome that Classify now also works based on tags! Thank you for adding this.

Unfortunately, I am encountering significant performance issues using this feature. When switching from “based on content” to “based on tags” there is a spinning wheel, sometimes for up to 30 seconds, before the recommendations update and DTPO is usable again. The same happens again if I then select a different item.

Granted, this may be due to my very large database (1.2TB). However, I do not usually encounter any noticeable performance issues in DTPO even with a database this size. I don’t think that this is expected behavior and wanted to ask, whether it is a known issue and/or if there’s anything I can try to remedy this.

Thanks in advance.

edit: In case it’s relevant, groups are not excluded from tagging in this database

Could you please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), select the unresponsive DEVOnthink 3 in the list of processes, choose the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance! A screenshot of File > Database Properties might be useful too.

Sure, I just sent it. Thanks

Thank you, the next release should fix this bottleneck.

1 Like

This has been solved as promised in DTP 3.8.1! Thank you.

1 Like