Plans to Enable Syncing?

Hi all.

I’m wondering if there are any plans to enable some kind of syncing between/among different computers?  

Cheers
Scott

There are no such plans for DT PE. The easiest way to sync databases for single users is to copy just the complete DEVONthink folder (copying few large files over a 100 Mbps or even 1 Gbps Ethernet connection is very fast - usually lasts only a few seconds). And the Enterprise Edition will provide one central storage for multiple connected clients.

Right.  You had indicated this to me in another thread.  I’m just curious whether or not there’s a plan to allow users to place the database on an idisk (or removable storage); it would be an improvement over having to copy files manually.

Cheers
Scott

AFAIK the database files can be on any writable filesystem, but using DT with its database on iDisk would likely be intolerably slow.

Or did you mean something else?

You can copy the database to every writable volume and replace the ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink folder with an alias pointing to the new location (or use the properties panel to copy the database to the new location).

However, without a fast upstream and a local copy of the iDisk (this requires Panther of course), storing the database on the iDisk is definitely not recommended.