I started using DT3 quite extensively for its great features, about two months ago.
Unfortunately, it is DT3 that is most likely causing me to delete files on my disk (probably some optimization and automation set by me) and what is worst is that this is secondarily transferred to the sync with DROPBOX where my work files are also deleted.
I have suspected DT3 since Friday last week when I first noticed this situation.
As a precautionary action I have:
- started using DT3 on a limited basis,
- started looking for other applications that could be causing this - such as TIME CAPSULE and other backup - file transfers within my backup processes.
By following the procedure described above (and thanks to DROPBOX, which allows to recover deleted files), I have reached a more or less stable state, as I have been used to on MAC OS for at least 10 years.
Tonight (CET) I needed to work with DT3 for approx. 1 hour (after upgrading to DT version 3.8.4) and again files were deleted that synchronize with DROPBOX (and disappear from my disk), thus disrupting the whole WF as I had to :
- first restore from DELETE state on DROPBOX
- synchronize DROPBOX with my iMAC
- and start working on my standard work files again
So far all my attempts to identify and interrupt the source of the above described problem have failed.
I am running macOS Monterey 12.4 iMAC with 32GB RAM and 2TB disk. As an office application I use Office365 Excel, Word etc.
Is there anyone here who is able to advise me what to do in a situation that has been burdening me for almost a week already?