Please let 'Sorter' be invisible

1+
I also like the sorter itself but don’t like the visible tab. I work a lot with other applications, mostly graphic or design related stuff and I really don’t want to see the tab all the time.

As said above, the sorter is really great, maybe it’s an option to activate it via an hotkey or a icon in the menu bar (beside the clock). With it’s current appearance, I don’t use the sorter as I don’t like the tab but I really would like to use its features.

Thanks for listening.

Over 40 posts on the visibility of the Sorter in pb8, and no one has commented yet on the (almost) invisible Sorter in the release version? :wink:

It’s a very nice compromise, but I think many of us wanted it invisible not only because it was visually blocking other parts of the screen due to always being in front, but it can still accidentally be invoked when run all-in-one window apps and moving for the lower right window resize grip. True you can move it all around, but there are enough accidental invocations to where I can’t say it’s ideal.

I don’t want to dismiss how important this change was however. I USE sorter now, I wouldn’t at all before.

It is still painful to open it one way and then have to use ⌘M (minimize to close it) - most apps use the defined hotkey as a toggle for features like this (to both open and close it)… But this is a different issue entirely.

Agreeing with the previous poster!

The sorter tab, even with the transparency, really annoys me. I’m oftentimes accidentally invoking it when I’m trying to do other things on the screen. (However, I do like using it, when I’m intending to use it.)

I can see where if users like changing the location of it from time to time it might be preferable to have something visible, so if the dev team feels there needs to be some sort of visible indicator for the drop zone of the sorter, it would would be MUCH better to just have a single line of, say, off-white pixels to indicate the drop zone. It would be much harder to accidentally invoke.