PopClip Highlight extension and DT3

Yes, Hens, BTT resides on my Mac as a must have as well.

I have resisted BTT’s (and some other apps) siren song as far as purchasing.

I mentioned this to @Cassady before, but I don’t like to suggest dependencies to people: either things they’d have to purchase or things they have to install. That doesn’t mean I don’t mess about with other utils but…

1. I like processes, scripts that can be run on an out-of-the-box Mac.
  2. Not everyone has or uses these apps. And the opinions on which is “the best” vary wildly. People like Alfred and Launchbar. Not knock on either, but I have been a diehard Quicksilver user since Alcor first made it available all those years ago. I don’t think of any of them as better. Just as QS’s blog name says: LoveQuicksilver. :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. Outside of our apps, I can’t take responsibility if I tell you to install some app and your computer explodes.:flushed:
  4. I certainly support other developers, especially guys like Nick, but if I can roll my own, I’ll certainly be inclined that way first… and I usually am :slight_smile:

Hi there, I asked the developer if he would mind if I post my “modification” here and he don’t. So here’s a PopClip Highlight extension for DEVONthink 3

Highlight.popclipext.zip (59,5 KB)

I also sent him this and he will update it on the PopClip extension website so I think there will be no difference except the identifier.

2 Likes

Terrific - works like a charm, and it still works with DTPO.

Thank you

:+1:

You have real instead of integer for some modifiers in the internals of the extension.

The developer Nick has just posted an updated extension
https://pilotmoon.com/popclip/extensions/page/Highlight,
Perhaps it’s the one that @pete31 has modified…
And Nick also mentioned that he will work on the Devonthink extension.

I didn’t change those

What did you process the plist in?
The original PopClip extension (which I have installed here) correctly uses integers.

PrefEdit

I’d try and reproduce this since it’s definitely incorrect and talk to their development team if you can.

Wow – works perfectly and helps a lot – Thank you so much!