Powerpoint file crashing DEVONthink

Hi,
Very inexperienced user here. When I select a powerpoint file in my DT database to preview it, DT shuts down immediately. This does not happen with Word, Excel, RTF, PDF or various image formats. I am curious if I may have a setting wrong? Or generally why might this is happening? I found a post from 2017 that seemed to indicate this problem would be fixed, though not sure if that was exactly the same problem I am having.

DT version = 2.8.8 and is up to date
PPT version = 16.19 via Office 365
Files are indexed, not stored in DT.

Grateful for any help!

This is actually VERY out of date.
Please download a new installer from here and replace your current version: devontechnologies.com/redir … d=download

Do not run a third-party uninstaller. If your browser isn’t set to open safe downloaded files, just double-click the ZIP file to decompress it. Then double-click the disk image to open it, and drag and drop the application into the /Applications folder, allowing it to overwrite the old version when you’re prompted.
(There is no danger to your data when you do this. (1) Your data is not stored in the application, and (2) we would not give you instructions that would jeopardize your data.)

Note: You should not rely solely on the Check For Updates function. There was a potential security issue with itaournd the time of the build you’re running, so we had to wait for a fix on it. Also, we announce updates on our blog and social media.

Thank you! I was relying on the “about DEVONthink” tab to tell me I was up to date. I just downloaded and things seem to be working just fine.

You’re welcome. Glad it’s behaving properly now. :smiley: