Preferences

I feel a little stupid asking this, but how do I access Preferences?
Clicking on it in the file menu has no result and either has cmd,
Did I miss something, or do I have a bug?

In Mac applications, ‘Preferences’ is normally accessed as a submenu item revealed by clicking on the application name in the menu bar.

The menu command or Command-, should open the preferences window. You might try re-installing the app to see if somehow the copy you have is corrupt. What edition of DT are you using, and is this a new install or did you upgrade from a previous version?

Yes, it’s a freshly installed version DTProOffice 2.0.1. I’ve tried both methods of opening Preferences, but no luck. I’ll try to reinstall now and see where I get to.

Thanks, it confirms I was doing the right thing.

I’ve downloaded and re-installed, restarted, but still no access to Preferences.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. I’m using Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6.2) on a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

I’d suggest opening a support request on this. You can access the support center from the Help menu or from the DEVON web site.

Thanks Greg,

I’ll do that.

Another thought - the typical Mac last resort. Reinstalling DTPO does not overwrite the preference file (~/Library/Preferences/com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2.plist). If the pref file is having a problem, you can rename it to something else and restart DTPO (or whatever flavor of DT you have).

[size=85](Edited to fix the reference, per Bill’s post below. Today, I can’t type straight :unamused: )[/size]

As korm suggested, the preferences file you should rename or delete is named ‘com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2.plist’ and will be found at ~/Library/Preferences/.