"Print to devonthink" no longer available? How to re-install?

After upgrading to Devonthink3, one of the features I used most has disappeared. How do I “print to devonthink”? This is no longer an option when I try to print something.

No – I don’t want to convert it to a pdf and select databases and scripts and so on.

I just want a copy of whatever I intended to “print” to go to Devonthink3. That’s it.

This used to work great – how do I get it back?

1 Like

Printing to PDF does create a PDF. This PDF service is installed via DEVONthink > 3 > Install Add-Ons

PS: From the built-in Help > Documentation > Menus > The Application menu

OK – so that may be part of the problem. I noticed that some of the add-ons had “installed” in gray next to them.

But for PDF services, nothing happens. Then, if I invoke “install add-ons” again, I see that blue check-off box next to “PDF services” again, but no “installed” sign. And so on.

I’m running MacOS 10.15 (Catalina). Perhaps some of the new permission settings are getting in the way?

It will not show installed. Have you tried printing to PDF from an application?

Thank you! That did the trick.

I have to click the PDF pull down and select Devonthink 3. See below (for others who may encounter this).

I loved the paradigm of Devonthink appearing in the printers list, which it no longer does. The printer software also probably converts to PostScript. Now users are exposed to “how the sausage is made.” And there is an extra click.

Being that as it may, thank you so much for your help. I’m back in business!

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: