printing as PDF to DevonThink Pro

I’ve been having some problems printing as PDF to DevonThink Pro using the script.

In DevonAgent, I open a website that has a link to the pdf, click on it, and the pdf comes up just fine. I then go to Print > PDF > Save to DevonThink Pro.scpt.

Mind you, it does print, but it’s as if it is printing the whole of the open DA screen, including the scrolling bars and all. I tried the same procedure in Safari, and it worked fine, printing just the PDF page to DevonThink Pro, not something resembling a screen shot of the open browser.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? I have DA set as my default browser, but this is important. Thanks.

p.s. here’s the link i was trying, just in case it has something to do with it: umich.edu/~regoff/transcript-form.pdf

As this is already a PDF document, you don’t need to convert it to a PDF. :slight_smile:

Many PDF documents have bookmarks and clickable hyperlinks. You would lose those attributes if you used the Print to PDF route, so I don’t advise that.

If you choose Save As in DEVONagent, the PDF will be saved to your Desktop (or any other location you choose). If you wish, you can then import it to DT Pro.

By the way, DT Pro includes Folder Action scripts. Attaching such a script to a Finder folder results in automatically importing files added to the Finder folder. Check Help for how to set up Folder Actions. They provide a choice of import types: Files & Folders, Index or Link.

DA 2.0 will be able to add a visible PDF via “Add to DEVONthink > PDF (One Page/Paginated)”. No need to print.

Any idea when DA 2.0 will be available? The same for DevonThink Pro?

DEVONagent 2.0 will be available “soon” (but not in 2005), DEVONthink (Pro) 2.0 later. And I’ve just fixed printing of PDFs visible in web views - both DA 2.0 and DT Pro 1.1 will be able to print this (using pagination and hiding scroll bars).