Pro Options, SyncStore Size, iCloud

First off, I just want to say congratulations! Job well done! Thank you for providing 2.0.

I have a few questions:

1. I have purchased the Pro option for selectively downloading files. I’m used to the Dropbox app so I was expecting to view (stream) my documents without downloading them on my device, and then downloading them as needed for offline access. All I could figure out was to download the document just to be able to view it. What am I missing here? Is this correct, and if so, can a streaming option be implemented so all files are available to view without downloading to my device?

2. I built a test database in DTPO on my mac and indexed a 199.6 MB folder on Dropbox, and the syncstore is 197.3 MB (although the database itself is 525 kb). I keep my file system in Dropbox and index with DTPO, and I’m afraid that keeping the syncstore will almost double the existing storage in Dropbox. Have I configured something wrong?

3. Is it possible to keep my files in Dropbox and the syncstore in iCloud (like the beta documentation implied)? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks again for releasing 2.0!

Darryl

You can set up how many items DEVONthink To Go should keep locally, see preferences.

No, sync stores contain both the files and the metadata. Dropbox clients like our apps have only access to their own folder and therefore can’t use or rely on the contents of your Dropbox folder.

DEVONthink To Go 2 doesn’t support iCloud yet.