Problem with DA and Spaces

Hi there,

I have problem with DA and Spaces.
I use DA as default browser. Devon Think is openend in Space 3, DA in Space 2. New Links are opened not in a new window in DA, but in a new tab.

The problem: When I want to open a link in my DT database (Space 3) in DA, it opened in DA in a new tab, nice, but the view does not change automatically from Space 3 to Space 2, as it should. I have to move by hand.

Bug o feature ;-? Or do I do something wrong?

And this option is enabled in Spaces preferences:

Picture 1.png? (I prefer it disabled)

it´s enabled?

Why do you prefer it disabled?

Cheers

I normally prefer to explicitly control when I switch to a different space instead of having an app switch do it automatically when I don’t want it to. For example, it would be annoying if switching to Terminal also switched to a difference space when my intention is to open a new Terminal window in the current space. Disabling the option helps give me more of that kind of control even if there’s still much room for improvement.

Back to your problem:

When I want to open a link in my DT database (Space 3) in DA, it opened in DA in a new tab, nice, but the view does not change automatically from Space 3 to Space 2

Does DA become the active app after you open the link from DT? If it does that should also trigger the automatic space switch since you’ve got the previously discussed Spaces option enabled. If DA doesn’t become active then it won’t trigger the space switch.

I’m not sure what current DA preferences looks like but Tabs prefs used to be:

Tabs.png
If the “Select new tabs as they are created” option still exists it may need to be enabled in order for DA to become the foreground app and trigger the automatic space when it’s opening a link from DT (or other apps).