Problem with iOS sync on iPhone and iPad

Hi,
I have the latest version of DT3 and DTTG installed on my iPhone and iPad and keep getting th error -1005, ‘the network connection was lost’ and my iPhone is not updating the sync store in Dropbox. Af first I thought it may be because i was running Express VPN, but i switched that off on my M1 MacBook Pro and also on my iPhone and ipad but the problem persists. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Joe

1 Like

Have you tried rebooting the devices?

hi Jim,
yes. I did that. Rebooted the MacBook, the iPhone and the iPad Pro. No luck tho. Sorry I should have mentioned that.
Joe

Are you seeing other network interruptions?

Hi Jim,
I did have some problems with Big Sur (as did many) when it was first released giving dodgy network connections (mainly over wifi). But over past while it’s been pretty stable. So, no other network interruptions that I’m aware of. Also, I have a wired ethernet connection back to the hub downstairs (I live in a victorian flatted Villa with very thick walls), and I have a wifi repeater as well upstairs. I have a pretty good internet connection.
Joe

Please start a support ticket from the Mac. Thanks.

Hi Jim,
did that - and sent it.
Not sure if you wanted me to enclose anything or not. Couldn’t figure out how to, but no doubt you’ll put me right on the ticket.
thanks
Joe

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I have been using DTTG on my iPad, syncing with Bonjour for quite awhile. Recently I switched from Android to iPhone and want to sync DTTG there as well as on my iPad. However, for some reason the iPhone sync doesn’t work – setup just the same as on my iPad. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

Harold

As has been mentioned many times, including in the FAQ and manual, if you have a problem with syncing, the first place to start is:

• What is reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
  • Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, tap it. What is reported?

No triangle on the Sync Icon; nothing (at all) in the Log.

I should add, sync is working as it should between DT3 on my MacBook and DTTG on my iPad.

• Did you set up the sync location in DEVONthink To Go?
    • If so, did you tap the location and enable a database to sync?

Yes, it is set up. When I tap it to sync, nothing appears to happen. I only sync a small database (22 items) that I refer to on DTTG when I am away from home. So I sync only when I am planning to travel, before I leave, when all devices are on the same wifi network. DTTG on my phone says it is connected.

I decided to delete the DTTG app from my iPhone and then reinstall it. Everything works fine now. I guess either the first installation was faulty in some way or (more likely) I missed something setting it up the first time. I have no idea what I could have missed, I believe I did everything in exactly the same way, but I could have. Now all is well. Thanks for your responses.

1 Like