Yesterday I was scanning some documents using devonthink PO. All was working fine, but suddenly I got an error in OCR import telling me that the scanning I was doing has got 0 DPI instead 300,and asking me to skip, import, or ORC anyway. If I choose OCR anyway the process do not work, if I choose to import I can keep scan, but with no OCR process. Changing DPI or TEXT/color do not change anything, until i restart DPO.
Is a know bug or what?
For me It’s the same behaviour of DTPO since I use the OCR (since v. 1.4). The only way for me to use the OCR is to import the pages without OCR and after that to convert it to a searchable PDF.
I too have ocr problems. Some files crash the RDE process.
The crash log says
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000
among other things.
It only happens on certain files but I have not found any common denominator for them. Its not the size of the file (which I thought for a while) since this happens on pdf containing ten pages as well as fifty pages.
I really reduces the value of the ocr function
It would be nice if you can send an example image file that has the resulting error about 0 dpi to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the RDE crash: there are certain PDFs that cause crashes. This is of course a bug in the IRIS software and we are always reporting these to them. So send it to support as well if you can.