Problem with Text Color of Selected Item in Sidebar

I’ve noticed recently that when I select an item in the main sidebar, the text color is white against a grey background. When I go to edit the name of the selected item, the background of the name field turns to white and whatever I type is effectively invisible. I think I accidentally did something to make this happen, but can’t figure out how to get the text color back to black. I’m running DT3 v3.0.3 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Do you use a dark menu bar? Does this also happen using a new, clean user account? See System Preferences > Users & Groups.

I do not use a dark menu bar (my DT3 menu bar has a light gray background and black text). When I created a new, clean user account, and then created a new DT3 database, I was able to edit item names in the main sidebar normally (i.e., black text on a white background while editing name).

Did you change any system preferences lately, e.g. accessibility options, or did you install any third-party tools?

No intentional system preference changes were made, that I’m aware of. No third party tools have been installed recently.

Is the text color during edits in the sidebar inherited from some system setting? If so, I’d happily reset it back to defaults, if that’s possible.

What is set in System Preferences > Accessibility > Display or General?

In Display none of the checkboxes are checked. In General all of the Accessibility shortcuts are checked, but Accessibility status shows none of the Accessibility options are actually enabled (e.g., “Invert colors” is OFF).

I have exactly the same problem. Mine started as soon as I updated to DEVONThink 3.0.3.

I do not use a dark menu bar. I see the same problem in a clean user account with the same databases. Same databases on a Catalina machine do not show this behavior.

Display preferences reduce transparency and shake mouse pointer are on all else off.

General nothing checked

First shot showing me attempting to add some text in the name of a group. White on white
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 10.13.23 AM

Second shows what the sidebar looks like when an item is selected, for me that is barely readable.
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 10.18.41 AM

Also running High Sierra on the machine with the issue.

Nicely described. This gave me an idea for some additional testing.

Logging in to my regular macOS account, I created a new DT3 database. I then added a new group to that database and discovered that the problem OogieM and I are experiencing does not occur when editing the name of this new group in the new database. This group name in the sidebar edits normally.

However the “white on white” problem does occur for the three smart groups (All Images, All PDF Documents, Duplicates) that were automatically created when the database was created.

Edits to the name of the new database itself also results in white characters, but since the background is dark blue, they can still be seen.
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 11.31.37
Note that all this behavior seems to be confined to editing in the sidebar.

That is not the case for me. A new group still shows the same problem.

I see this thread is listed as a Tip, It really needs to be a bug or problem not a tip. There still is no solution. I’m going to send in a bug report.