Problems importing email into DTP after latest update

the next fail:

There is no Import > Email command in DEVONthink 3, so obviously it would be found when searching the menu commands.

Also…

Your Help is apparently not indexed on your machine.

right, that’s the problem, no uniform user guidance. The user have to find out how to use the program and under what conditions.

Interesting…why not? How could I fix it?
Thank you for your patience.

You can try these options, noting some may or may not exist…

1. Trash the following files in your Home > Library > Preferences folder, if extant:
  • com.apple.help.plist
  • com.apple.helpui.plist
  • com.apple.helpviewer.plist
  1. Trash the following folders in your Home > Library > Caches folder, if extant:
  • com.apple.helpui folder
  • com.apple.helpdata
  • com.apple.helpd
  • com.apple.helpviewer
1 Like

thank you!

No problem.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed.
Know I’m re-indexing spotlight manually.

Make sure it’s properly installed and enabled.

1. Quit Mail.
  2. Quit DEVONthink 3.
  3. Enable Full disk access in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy for DEVONthink 3
  4. In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library .
  5. Go into the Mail/Bundles folder and delete the DEVONthink.mailbundle .
  6. Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons .
  7. Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins .
  1. Quit Mail.
    –>Check
  2. Quit DEVONthink 3
    –>Check
  3. Enable Full disk access in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy for DEVONthink -->Check
    –>Check
    –>Check
  6. Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons .
    ->Check
  7. Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins
    –>Check

Thank you for your support.
Archiving works as expected, but there are no search results about the contents of the help.

I can’t tell you on this. We have no control over the Help viewer, so I don’t know why it wouldn’t give matches, other than the indexing issue I mentioned.

I’ve been having problems with getting the mail plugin to work for a while now. Even got to the point of a complete fresh install of Catalina 10.15.1 and then Devonthink. I still can’t get the plugin to work.

I can see the plugin (alongside Spam Sieve) in the Mail app manage plugins dialog, but when I try to activate it I get:

“DEVONthink.mailbundle” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

I’ve activated full disk access and still no joy getting the plugin to activate in mail.

I do find that the plugins Bundles symlink folder has the following path

</System/Volumes/Data/MailBundles/Users/wayne/Library/Mail/Bundles/DEVONthink.mailbundle>

which seems odd. Its pointing to a hidden directory on my Data volume (a volume sharing the same AFPS container as my boot volume).

Any ideas how to explore this further?

My

Is the SpamSieve plugin in the same folder in the Finder or in a different one?

1 Like

It’s in the same folder.

Checking on Disk Utility I’m seeing also a new volume.

screenshot_1147 !

APPLE SSD MEDIA

# Container disk1
   # Data
   # Macintosh HD (Boot volume)
   # Macintosh HD - Data (this has the MailBundles folder at the root level)

Don’t understand what is going on.

Should have said that I didn’t create the ‘Macintosh HD - Data’ volume when I formatted the drive.

See About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina, an Apple support article which includes the following:

macOS Catalina runs on a dedicated, read-only system volume called Macintosh HD. This volume is completely separate from all other data to help prevent the accidental overwriting of critical operating system files. Your files and data are stored in another volume named Macintosh HD - Data. In the Finder, both volumes appear as Macintosh HD.

Stephen

Just for due dligence’s sake, try this…

1. Quit Mail.
  2. Quit DEVONthink 3.
  3. Enable Full disk access in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy for DEVONthink 3
  7. Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins .

When I tried to use the Import function, DevonThink crashed…

I ultimately had to go to my Apple Mailbox, select all messages, then drop into DevonThink.

• Did you follow the steps above?
  • If so, did you report this crash?
    • If not, hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

Yes, I added a comment as to what I was trying to do and submitted.