Problems importing email into DTP after latest update

Is the SpamSieve plugin in the same folder in the Finder or in a different one?

1 Like

It’s in the same folder.

Checking on Disk Utility I’m seeing also a new volume.

screenshot_1147 !

APPLE SSD MEDIA

# Container disk1
   # Data
   # Macintosh HD (Boot volume)
   # Macintosh HD - Data (this has the MailBundles folder at the root level)

Don’t understand what is going on.

Should have said that I didn’t create the ‘Macintosh HD - Data’ volume when I formatted the drive.

See About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina, an Apple support article which includes the following:

macOS Catalina runs on a dedicated, read-only system volume called Macintosh HD. This volume is completely separate from all other data to help prevent the accidental overwriting of critical operating system files. Your files and data are stored in another volume named Macintosh HD - Data. In the Finder, both volumes appear as Macintosh HD.

Stephen

Just for due dligence’s sake, try this…

1. Quit Mail.
  2. Quit DEVONthink 3.
  3. Enable Full disk access in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy for DEVONthink 3
  4. In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library .
  5. Go into the Mail/Bundles folder and delete the DEVONthink.mailbundle .
  6. Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons .
  7. Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins .

When I tried to use the Import function, DevonThink crashed…

I ultimately had to go to my Apple Mailbox, select all messages, then drop into DevonThink.

• Did you follow the steps above?
  • If so, did you report this crash?
    • If not, hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

Yes, I added a comment as to what I was trying to do and submitted.