Problems with .doc files

hello,

seems like devonthink converts .doc files into .rtf files - which means that all my formatting get lost! also the .doc files are named in devonthink as such but when bringing them to my desktop they become .rtf files. same problem. is there a possibility to store .doc files as .doc files?

best
cenn

That’s not yet possible, the only workaround right now is to index the doc files instead of importing them.

Additional note: DEVONthink 2.0, due later this year, does not convert Word files anymore but stores them in their original format.

Thanks for the clarification, Eric: This will be a very useful feature and I am eagerly waiting for this version.

One suggestion:

Much information about the upcoming version is already scattered across the forum. Maybe you could add a summary of the already “leaked” (and confirmed) features on the homepage or on the blog?

This could create visibility, keep up interest in the app and move the imminent release beyond the point of plausible deniability.

The website of Things is a good example. As I am comparing taskmanager applications at the moment, I found the list and description of features very helpful, even though they are not implemented yet. Without that information I would have bought a different product, instead of waiting the release of this one.